Beebytes Analytics CIC (also referred to as ‘the company’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) is the Data Controller over any personal data we process about you for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice (see below). This notice outlines what personal data the Beebytes Analytics CIC collects and processes about you in various situations, which we have explained below. This notice does not cover personal data we process about our staff. The categories of data subjects whose personal data is covered by this privacy notice include those who visit our website, potential customers who make enquiries via our website, and customers who have placed an order with us.
Please read through the privacy notice to understand how the Beebytes Analytics CIC uses and processes your personal data obtained. If you have any concerns about our processing of your personal data or you have a general enquiry in relation to data protection, please contact us at [email protected]
Or you can write to us: Data Protection Officer, Beebytes Analytics CIC, Charnock Bradley Building, Roslin Innovation Centre, Easter Bush, EH25 9RG
What is personal data?
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Special Category of Data: means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
When we use the term ‘personal data’ we mean both personal data and special category of data.
Personal Data is collected in several different ways dependent on your interaction with us. The table below sets out what personal data we process about you, where we get it from, why we use it, our legal basis and who we share it with. Otherwise we will only share your personal data:
- where we are required to share your personal data in accordance with law e.g. such as to assist with investigations carried out by the police, other authorities or any regulatory requirement to which the Beebytes Analytics CIC is subject;
- where we are undergoing a corporate restructure;
- where we use third parties to undertake certain services on our behalf and in doing so they require to process personal data in order to do this. If so, we will ensure that adequate arrangements are in place to protect your personal data. These third parties include: our professional advisors, our DPO, cloud storage suppliers, CRM suppliers, marketing platforms, IT infrastructure suppliers, payroll provider, donation site;
- where we have your consent.
How Beebytes Analytics CIC uses the data
|Purpose||Personal Data||Where do we get it from?||Legal Basis||Will we share it other than as set out above?|
|To register you as a new customer.||Name, address, email and telephone number.||The data subject||Performance of a contract with you.||No|
|To process and deliver your order including:|
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us.
|Name, address, email, telephone number, order history, payment details.||The data subject||Performance of a contract with you.|
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To respond to enquiries (online and otherwise).||Name, email and telephone number||The data subject||Performance of a contract with you.||No|
|To provide you with our direct marketing communications by email or text.||Name, email and telephone number||The data subject||Consent||No|
|To provide you with our direct marketing communications by telephone or post.||Name, address and telephone number.||The data subject||Where we have asked you for your consent, we will rely on consent. Otherwise, we will rely on our legitimate interest, which is to promote our company.||No|
Beebytes Analytics CIC treats the security of your personal data seriously and shall enforce strong physical and electronic safeguards while in storage and in transit.
We use a data processor based in Germany. The UK has deemed that Germany, as part of the EEA, has an adequacy regulation which means that this transfer is permitted. Additional safeguards, such as a data processing agreement, are in place to ensure the security of your personal data. As such adequate safeguards are in place for your personal data. Please contact us if you would like further information on the additional safeguards we put in place for international transfers.
Beebytes Analytics CIC shall keep your personal data for as long as is necessary and in accordance with our Retention Policy. We retain general correspondence and emails for three years.
You have certain rights under data protection law, which are summarised below. You can exercise these by contacting us:
- you can withdraw your consent (including for marketing) at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. We will consider any such request in line with UK GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our Website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. We may use a 3rd-party service (such as Google Analytics) in order to collect and analyse this information.
For further information on cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in.
- Maintaining preferences or other information about your online session.
- Understanding how you use our Website.
The Beebytes Analytics CIC website may contain links to other websites. Please note that Beebytes Analytics CIC has no control of websites outside our domain. Beebytes Analytics CIC is not responsible for the protection and privacy of any sensitive information provided to any other websites linked to.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice from time to time.
Last Updated: May 2021